Contact: 0720 955 821
School/Institute: Computer Science And Information Technology
Department: Computer Science
|PhD. Computer Science||Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology||2021|
|MSc. Computer Science||Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology||2013|
|BSc. Computer Science||Kenya Methodist University||2010|
Areas of Expertise
- Data Analytics
- Database Systems
- Artificial Intelligence
- Machine learning
- April 2021 – To Date: Chairperson, Department of Computer Science
- March 2017 – March 2021: Deputy Director, ICT Directorate – Dedan Kimathi University of Technology
- September 2016 – March 2017: A.g Chairperson, Department of Information Technology
- February 2016 to January 2017: Examination coordinator, Dedan Kimathi University of Technology
- September 2015 – August 2016: BBIT coordinator, Dedan Kimathi University of Technology
- July 2014 – December 2014: A.g Chairperson, Department of Information Technology
- July 2009 – December 2011: Cordinator, Diploma Information Technology
Other University and National Responsibilities
- Kenya –AIST Curriculum Development Committee
- Alternate Member, Research, Intellectual Property rights, Publication Technology Transfer & Management Committee
- Associate pastor – Local church Assmbly
- Kamau, G. M., Mwangi, W., & Cheruiyot, W. (2019). A MODIFIED BIT PLANE COMPLEXITY SEGMENTATION STEGANOGRAPHIC METHOD: INCREASING PAYLOAD IMPERCEPTIBILITY AND ROBUSTNESS.
- Kamau, G. M., Cheruiyot, W., & Mwangi, W. (2018). Towards A More Secure Web Based Tele Radiology System: A Steganographic Approach.
- Kamau, G. M., Cheruiyot, W., & Mwangi, W. (2018). Towards A More Secure Least Significant Bit (LSB) Steganographic Method for Information Hiding.
- Kamau, G. M., Cheruiyot, W., & Mwangi, W. (2017). Improving access to radiology health care services in rural areas of developing nations through a secure web based teleradiology steganographic method.
- Kamau, G. M. (2015). A Model for Estimating Network Infrastructure Costs: A Case for All-Fibre Networks.
- Kamau, G. M., & Cheruiyot, W. (2014). Digital Rights Management: Improving Online Digital Images Copy Rights Management through an Enhanced Least Significant Bit Steganographic Algorithm.
- Kamau, G. M. (2014). An enhanced least significant bit steganographic method for information hiding.
- Kamau, G. M., Mwangi, W., & Kimani, S. (2013). A general Purpose Image-Based Electors Smart Card Using an Enhanced Least Significant Bit Steganographic Method for Information Hiding: A case study of the Kenyan Electoral Process.
- Digital Image processing, Telemedicine, Steganography and Watermarking